Hernia Mesh Injury Attorneys
We Represent Patients Like You Who Received Harmful Hernia Mesh Implants
Because hernias are often a repeat injury, doctors often recommend the use of hernia mesh during treatment. By strengthening the abdominal wall at the site of the injury, this mesh can reduce the risk of subsequent hernias. This is a positive—but often, the practice comes with many detractors. Patients may suffer serious complications that land them back in the hospital after prolonged pain and discomfort.
These complications are not rare: Around 1 in 3 patients suffer some type of harm from hernia mesh. Despite this, multiple companies still make and market this product. If you opted for hernia mesh before you were made aware of its risks and then suffered complications, you are likely eligible for compensation. Our attorneys can help you understand your legal options and file a case for the expenses and difficulties you’ve been through because of this defective product.
Call Shrader & Associates, L.L.P. at (877) 958-7920 if you think you may have a hernia mesh claim. We can help patients nationwide file for compensation.
Can I Sue After a Hernia Mesh Complication?
Some hernia mesh products have actually been recalled by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) because of the frequency and severity of complications; others are still on the market. Whether the particular brand or type of hernia mesh you used has been recalled or not, you likely have standing to file a lawsuit if you’ve suffered complications like:
- Chronic infection: Patients may need surgery to remove the hernia mesh if they suffer an internal infection. In some cases, the issue does not present for years after the surgery.
- Adhesions: Scar tissue that causes tissues or organs to stick together.
- Bowel obstruction: Partial or total blockage of the lower intestine, often caused by mesh adhesion or migration.
- Mesh migration: Though rare, hernia mesh may detach from the implant site and move through the abdominal cavity. This often causes pain and damage to internal tissues or organs.
- Mesh rejection: Sometimes, patients’ immune systems react to the mesh and trigger an inflammatory response. This can be very painful and may cause serious illness.
- Mesh shrinkage (contraction): All types of hernia mesh can shrink; this can cause the mesh to tear away from the abdominal wall.
- Organ perforation: Migrating mesh can puncture internal organs.
- Fistula: An immune response to hernia mesh can lead to fistulas, or linkage between two organs or between an organ and the skin.
- Hernia recurrence: Despite having a hernia mesh implant, some patients suffer a recurrence at the same spot.
Not only are hernia mesh complications extremely painful, but they can also require follow-up care including additional surgeries. If you’ve been inconvenienced in this way, ask our lawyers if you may be able to file a case.
Symptoms of Hernia Mesh Malfunctions
Depending on the issue(s) a patient is experiencing, the symptoms may differ, but most are painful, and some can change your life permanently. They include:
- Redness & heat around the mesh’s location
- Buildup of fluid near implant (seroma)
- Bruising or swelling of the implant area
- Rash formation
- Pain and tenderness
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Erectile dysfunction
In some cases, pain may be the only sign something is wrong. If you experience continued discomfort in or near the area of your hernia mesh implant, it’s important to reach out to a doctor with your concerns.
We Can Help You File for Compensation
If you’ve faced extended complications after opting for a hernia mesh implant, your life has likely been impacted in many ways. Depending on the complications experienced and their severity, patients may suffer losses such as:
- Missed work
- Additional medical bills
- Pain & suffering
- Removal of damaged organs
Anyone who has gone through such an ordeal deserves the right to file for compensation—and we are here to help them do it. There is no excuse for the companies selling a product that carries a major risk for serious complications. If they will not make the right choice to take these products off the market, we’re happy to make them face the consequences of that decision.
Our attorneys have decades of combined experience fighting cases for patients who have suffered injury from defective medical devices. We’ve taken on big companies before and won big. When a client’s health is on the line, we do all we can to help them fight for justice.
Shrader & Associates, L.L.P. serves clients anywhere in the U.S. You can contact us at (877) 958-7920 for a free consultation with one of our hernia mesh attorneys.
Our skilled approach to the practice of law has resulted in top ratings & awards from renowned legal organizations.
Our attorneys have been invited into some of the most prestigious and recognized professional associations in the U.S.
We’ve been featured on local and national news programs for our legal knowledge and winning results.
To date, we’ve secured countless million-dollar results for clients located throughout the country.
Justin ShraderView Profile
William ShraderView Profile
Ross StomelView Profile
Matt McLeodView Profile
Allyson RomaniView Profile
Jordan RobertsView Profile
Thomas H. Hart IIIView Profile
Eugene EgdorfView Profile
Alex BarlowView Profile
Robert ShuttlesworthView Profile
Bradley PeekView Profile
A. Layne StackhouseView Profile
William HortonView Profile
Jim HartleView Profile
Luke KeoghView Profile
Sarah WedgeworthView Profile
Commercial Litigation Case $120,000,000
Defrauded Texas Investors $120,000,000
Wrongful Death $10,775,946.92
Benzene Exposure $7,500,000
Mesothelioma Lawsuit $6,800,000
Mesothelioma Lawsuit $4,650,084.52
Wrongful Death / Benzene Exposure $3,520,000
Your firm has made this stressful process easy and comfortable for me.- Stephen
What your team did was nothing short of amazing!- Danny S.
Shrader & Associates was committed to helping us!- Dianne A.
I could have never gotten through this without the team from Shrader & Associates.
I can’t say enough of how wonderful Ross Stomel and his team of people were to us. They always put our needs first.” - Debbie F.
Your dedication and hard work changes the lives of families.- Tom & Brian's Mom