Seasoned Counsel from Dangerous Drug Attorneys
Despite being effective at preventing pregnancy both Yaz and Yasmin have
been reported to cause severe, potentially fatal side effects in rare
cases. Women who have developed serious health problems after taking Yaz
or Yasmin should pursue all necessary medical treatments for the best
chances of recovery. Once their health is stable, it will then be crucial
that they consult with an experienced Yaz attorney to find out if they
have a viable legal claim against Bayer HealthCare to seek compensation
for their injuries and losses.
To speak with a dedicated lawyer about your Yaz or Yasmin lawsuit, call
What Is Yaz / Yasmin?
Produced by Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Yaz is a birth control pill
that claims to be 99.9% effective when taken within four hours of the
same time each day. Unlike many other contraceptive pills, Yaz may also
be prescribed in the treatment of other concerns.
Bayer has United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval to
sell the COC drugs for:
• Treatment of premenstrual dysphonic disorder (PDD) for woman who
choose to use birth control pills
• Treatment of moderate acne in females aged 14 and over who choose
to use an oral contraceptive
Yasmin, which is also produced by Bayer HealthCare, is a form of birth
control that contains the same amount of drospirenone as Yaz, but less
ethinyl estradiol, a bioactive form of estrogen that is in most birth control pills.
Other manufacturers of the drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol COC are Teva
Labs, and Barr Laboratories. Teva’s generic product Ocella uses
the same formula as Yasmin. Barr Laboratories manufactures and sells Gianvi,
it is the generic equivalent of Yaz.
Wondering if You Can File a Suit? Call Today!
Two recent studies, published in the British Medical Journal showed that
patients taking medicines containing one of the hormones used in Yasmin,
(drospirenone) have a two- to three-fold greater risk of venus thromboembolism
than women using other similar hormones.
Negative, unintended side effects from Yaz and Yasmin include:
- Blood clots
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), in which blood clots block healthy circulation
in the body’s deep veins
- Gallbladder problems
- Heart attack
- Pulmonary embolism (PE), in which blood clots lodge in the lungs and dangerously
Stop taking Yasmin, and tell your doctor if you experience any of the following
serious side effects:
- Unexpected numbness or weakness, confusion, rear eye pain, vision difficulties,
speech impairment, or issues with balance
- Change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches
- Chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea,
sweating, general ill feeling
- Stomach pain, loss of appetite, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- A breast lump; or symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, mood changes)
Securing the services of the right dangerous drug attorney can make the
difference in whether a fair and favorable settlement / verdict is awarded.
Our legal team has experience handling injury cases involving Yaz and
Yasmin and remains dedicated to recovering the maximum compensation possible
for injury victims.
Schedule a free consultation regarding your injuries caused by Yaz and Yasmin.
Call (877) 958-7920 today!